Preparing Your Home For Sale
Follow These Tips to Prepare Your Home For Sale
Preparing Your Home for Showings
- Remove toys, newspapers, yard tools and other clutter.
- Tidy up and pick up after pets.
- Park vehicles in the garage or on the street, leaving the driveway clear.
- Add color with flowers and potted plants.
- Mow the lawn
- Remove leaves or shovel a path through snow, if applicable
Make beds, clean up dishes and empty wastebaskets.
Remove clutter throughout and put away toys.
Set out “show towels” in bath.
Freshen the air with potpourri or by baking cookies, deodorize pet areas and set the thermostat to a comfortable temperature.
Do a quick vacuuming and dusting.
Arrange fresh flowers throughout the house.
Turn on the fireplace when appropriate.
Play soft background music.